Although connecting your phone to a car stereo requires only a few steps, it can be tricky if you’re doing it for the first time.
And the fact that every car stereo has a slightly different pairing process doesn’t help either.
How To Connect Bluetooth To JVC Car Stereo
In this post, we’ll talk about pairing your phone with a JVC car stereo. You can follow these steps for an Android phone as well as an iPhone.
How To Connect Bluetooth To JVC JVC KD-T92MBS
- Press the ‘SRC’ button in the top-left corner.
- Now open up your phone. Go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and search for a device named ‘KD-T92MBS’.
- Once you’ve selected that device, ‘BT pairing‘ will appear on the car stereo display screen.
- Press the volume knob to start the pairing process. If you’re asked for a PIN code, enter ‘0000’ to complete the pairing process.
- A Bluetooth logo will appear on the car stereo screen to indicate that the process has finished.
How To Connect Bluetooth To JVC KW-Z1000W
- Press the function key on the bottom edge of the KW-Z1000W. This key will have ‘FNC’ written on it.
- A new screen will appear with different options. Among those options, tap on ‘Device List‘ from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- To add your phone to this device list, tap on the ‘+’ icon.
- It will make the car stereo available for Bluetooth connection.
- Now open up your phone and go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
- Now select ‘Pair a new device‘. You’ll see a device named ‘KW-Z1000W’ available for the connection.
- Select that device to start the pairing process. You’ll get a pop-up message on your phone and the car stereo asking for confirmation.
- Select ‘Yes’ on both of the devices.
- Now your phone is connected to JVC KW-Z1000W via Bluetooth. And you can see it in the Bluetooth ‘Device List’ of that car stereo.
How To Connect Bluetooth To JVC KD-M560BT and KD-V660BT
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
- Search for a device named ‘KD-M560BT’ or ‘KD-V660BT’ for pairing.
- Select that device and then confirm the pairing.
- Enter ‘0000’ if it asks for a PIN code.
- Now press the FNC button on the car stereo.
- A bunch of different options will appear. From those options, tap on the cog icon, which represents settings.
- Now select Bluetooth. Then tap on ‘Select Device‘.
- Tap on the ‘<>’ icon against the device you want to connect with.
How to Fix JVC Bluetooth Pairing Problems
Sometimes, you will have problems while pairing your phone to the car stereo, even after following the exact steps. If that happens, you should implement the solutions listed below:
Delete Paired Devices
Car stereos have a list of devices that have already paired with them via Bluetooth. Since the number of entries in this list is limited, it gets full quickly if you pair a lot of phones over time. That’s why you should clear this list completely/partially and then try to pair your phone again.
Sometimes, car stereos will have a software bug that’ll prevent them to perform their routine functions, such as Bluetooth pairing. Therefore, I would also suggest you update the firmware of your JVC stereo.
Reset the head unit
As the last resort, you should reset your car radio. It’ll delete all the saved settings in your car radio, but you’ll hopefully be able to pair it with your bluetooth car stereo successfully.
We have already written a post about resetting the JVC car stereos specifically that you can read by clicking on the link.