Not no long ago, USB and AUX were the popular modes for connecting your phone to the car stereo.
But not anymore.
Bluetooth is now the preferred connectivity mode for car stereo connectivity, and for good reasons.
Not only is it more convenient than the USB and AUX connections but also allows you to make hands-free calls while driving.
In the past, Bluetooth technology had some reliability issues. But they’re all sorted now as the standard has matured enough.
How To Connect Bluetooth To Alpine Radio
As convenient as Bluetooth is, pairing your device for the first time can be a little lengthy.
That is why we’ll discuss the Bluetooth pairing procedure for some of the popular alpine car stereos.
How to Connect Bluetooth to Alpine CDE-172BT and UTE-73BT
- Press and hold the ‘sleep’ button to put the radio in standby mode. It’s located in the bottom-left corner.
- Now press and hold the ‘setup’ button.
- You’ll get different options, with the first one being ‘Bluetooth’.
- Press the volume knob to select this option.
- Now, turn the knob until you see the ‘Pairing’ option on the screen. Press the knob again.
- Turn the knob again and select the ‘Set Device’ option.
- Now your car radio is available to be paired with other devices.
- Open up your phone and turn on the Bluetooth. You should be able to see your radio model number in the nearby devices list.
- Tap on that model number, and done.
- Now you’ll see the phone and music icons on your radio display which indicates that the pairing process is complete.
- Now you can use your car radio for music streaming and hands-free calling.
How to Delete Bluetooth Device From Alpine CDE-172BT
Some car radios allow you to store a limited number of paired devices. So in case you want to pair a new device with the car radio, you’ll have to delete one of the already-paired devices. Here’s how you can do it:
- When in the Bluetooth menu, turn the knob until you see the ‘BT INITIAL‘ option on the screen. Select this option by pressing the knob.
- This option will be ‘no’ by default. Turn the knob to change it to ‘Yes’.
- It will completely wipe the Bluetooth memory, and now your paired device list will be blank.
How to connect Bluetooth to your Alpine iLX-W650
- Press the ‘Menu’ button. It’s located in the center of the bottom edge of the head unit.
- It will open the system menu. Now tap on ‘settings’. It will be in the bottom-right corner.
- Now tap on ‘Bluetooth’.
- It will open the list of devices that have previously been paired with your car radio.
- If you’re pairing for the first time, this list will be blank.
- To add your device, press the ‘+’ button. It will make your iLX-W650W discoverable for other devices.
- Now, go to settings > Bluetooth on your phone. And then turn on the Bluetooth.
- You will see a device named ‘iLX-W650’ from the device list.
- Tap on that name to start the pairing process.
- You will be asked to confirm the passkey. Press on ‘Pair’ to confirm.
- On the other hand, if you’re asked to enter a PIN code, enter ‘0000’.